01 June 2010

Thank You Notes & Holly's Bridals

A few years ago Holly wrote me a thank you note for a gift I had given her and it was so touching and so sweet that I really wanted to write a thank you note for her thank you note!  But that's just the kind of person she is... sweet, thoughtful annnd maybe a little crazy.  She is her mother's daughter after all!  And believe me when I say that when hanging out with the two of them, you will not be void of entertainment.

Holly's mom, Myrna, and I have been friends since we went on a mission trip to South Africa back in 2005.  So when Myrna asked me to take a trip to Mississippi over Memorial Day weekend, I of course said yes.  The drive was long but with Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire being read to me by Jim Dale (on a CD) and getting to shoot Holly's bridal portraits and Myrna's son's engagement pictures while I was there, it was all totally worth it.  Not to mention a few other fun events: having fried catfish and turnip greens for the first time, taking at least 400 trips to Holly's house, stopping for the best snow cones in MS, taking a trip to the mall simply to get a chocolate chip cookie "sandwich" (with the white cream in the middle - YUM) and getting to eat steak straight from Myrna's dad's farm.

Saturday afternoon, Myrna, Holly and I ventured to Holly's grandmother's house in Carthage.  Her grandmother's yard, as you will see below, is GOR-geous.  So adding Holly, the beautiful bride-to-be, into the setting only made it a dream.  Holly has given me permission to post these, which is a good thing because I don't know that I would be able to wait until September to share them!

I can't wait to shoot your sunset beach wedding this fall... congrats Holly and Hamilton!
See... isn't the yard (and bride) gorgeous?
This chair belonged to Holly's grandmother's grandmother.  How amazing (and cool) is that?
So gorgeous!
I know this one was the "sneak peak" but I love it.

Beautiful.

1 comment:

Christen said...

These are really beautiful (as is the bride!) and I am absolutely crazy about that chair and what it symbolizes.

Also, I'm totally digging the new layout :)

I'm a Greenville, SC based wedding and portrait destination photographer who loves to be behind the lens. I look forward to hearing what you think about the posts and images as I work with amazing people to capture life and give them images they love.
Check out the website! http://photographsbysabrina.com