12 January 2012

The Wrights | Powdersville Portrait Session

As Ben was helping me put away my Christmas decorations at the beginning of 2011 (11 months before we got married), he told me that his sister, Jenna (whom I had not met yet because she and her family are missionaries in Africa), had told him that from what Ben had told her about me and the way he spoke, that this time it was different.  She went on to let him know that it's easier to get out of where they live when it's NOT the rainy season... so, anytime before May and anytime after October.

I knew that I wanted to marry Ben, but we'd only been dating a short while and for us, we just needed more time to get to know each other and figure out what God was doing.  Who knew how right Jenna would be!  Luckily, they were able to come much earlier than the November wedding.  In fact, they came to the states in August and were going to be able to stay until January!  That's AGES!!  The only thing is that even "ages" go by quickly because here it is January already and they're just a few weeks away from heading out.

I'm so thankful for the time we've had with Ben's family - for the dinners, for the bible study Jenna was able to do with me at church, for the mini-family vacation we get to have soon, for the talks, the games, the laughter, and the craziness of all 7 cousins being in the same place!  I've been beyond blessed by this family that I have gained and am so thankful that we were able to get some family pictures of the Wrights while they were here.  Thank you guys for allowing me to capture this moment in time for you!

It started to drizzle on our way to take pictures but literally, as we stepped out of the car, the rain stopped!





The camera just really loved these two lovely ladies :-)



All of the kids are a mess... but there's always a little extra something in the youngest of any family!




Love!!


I just couldn't help but include this one!  Jenna was trying to make him laugh but he just copied her!



Jim + Jenna = Love :-)

For the wedding, we gave our nieces and the flower girls necklaces with their first initial.


Y'all are just precious.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Dear Sabrina,

Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos of Jim & Jenna & Caleb, Gracie, & Andrew plus the precious story! What a blessing you are to us all!

Love & Prayers,
"Aunt" Betty Souther
Pr. 3:5-6

I'm a Greenville, SC based wedding and portrait destination photographer who loves to be behind the lens. I look forward to hearing what you think about the posts and images as I work with amazing people to capture life and give them images they love.
Check out the website! http://photographsbysabrina.com