14 October 2010

Lucy in the Sky

I got to know Cassie and Lee this past spring when we were in the same group for Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.  When we started, Cassie was a few weeks away from her delivery date and by the end of FPU, Lucy was a regular member of our group!  But, this wasn't the first time I'd met these guys.

About a year ago, I was helping set up for church and as this guy walked by me, we both looked at each other with that, "I know you from somewhere but I have no idea where from" look.  About 10 minutes before service started, we passed by each other again and he asked if I went to Spartanburg High School and had played in the symphony orchestra.  YES!  That's where I know you from!  Lee had played bass and I had played violin so we didn't interact much, but I do remember him in the back of the orchestra room cutting up from time to time with the rest of the crazy bass section :)

And now, here we are, many years later hanging out in a park with his precious family and singing Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds to get her to smile... because, let's face it.  It's her song.  Lucy is going to melt your heart, I promise!  Those baby blues will have you hooked from first glance so don't say that I didn't warn you!  Thank you guys for letting me capture 6 month old Lucy and a piece of your lives.  Hope you enjoy the pictures!





 I warned you about her baby blues...



This one seems so "late 1800s" to me.  And I love it.





I just LOVE this one.  Cassie, you are so beautiful.




I just adore this one...




She is way cooler than I'll ever be... she's only 6 months and already owns a pair of Chucks!

Even though I'm lacking in coolness compared to this little beauty, she still let me hold her for a bit at the end of the session. 
Lucy, you're a DOLL. 
Thanks for talking your parents into letting me host your first photo shoot ;-)

I know I posted a lot (I just couldn't decide...) but there are more!  Check out the slide show here.

No comments:

I'm a Greenville, SC based wedding and portrait destination photographer who loves to be behind the lens. I look forward to hearing what you think about the posts and images as I work with amazing people to capture life and give them images they love.
Check out the website! http://photographsbysabrina.com