05 February 2010

Fabulous Friday: Wicked

No, I'm not wicked. Yes, I have a sinful nature but that's because I'm human and we live in a broken world. But that's an entirely different discussion. No, the Wicked I'm talking about involves two witches who come from completely different circumstances and become unlikely friends. And one of them happens to be green...

Wicked is in Greenville, SC for the next few weeks and many of my friends and family have seen or are going to see it. Luckily during one of my work trips last year, we had a few days in London and Myrna and I decided to splurge to go see Wicked. Oh man. I'm SOOO glad we did that! I'd heard so much about this production and wanted to see what all the hype was. I had tried reading the book because I wanted to get the full story since I didn't know whether I would ever really get to see the show or not. Now, I love reading. Reading and good movies are escapes for me. But Oh. My. Word. Trying to get through that book was like watching paint dry or watching grass grow in the middle of the winter. It was awful.

Now don't get me wrong, the story line itself was not awful. Luckily I was able to see that when I went to the show! But the writing style of the book is what got me. I've never claimed to be the smartest kid on the block, but I did pretty well in AP English in 12th grade so that should give me a little credibility... right? A co-worker said she tried reading the book and after pushing through it, finally made it to the end. However, I did not. I usually don't give up on books but I just couldn't pick this one up anymore!

So... go see it. And super mad props if you read the book. Seriously. If you read the book all the way through and can actually give me a valid book report on it that will make me want to pick the book up again, I'll buy you dinner.

The picture above is from the Apollo Victoria theater in London from last year. I won't mention how long it took us to actually find this particular theater... what matters is that we got there!

Here's to a Fabulous Friday!

No comments:

I'm a Greenville, SC based wedding and portrait destination photographer who loves to be behind the lens. I look forward to hearing what you think about the posts and images as I work with amazing people to capture life and give them images they love.
Check out the website! http://photographsbysabrina.com