19 February 2010

Fabulous Friday: Prague

There's something about coming to Europe that makes me feel like I've stepped back in time. Each time I go to France it seems as though I've gone back at least 100 years... or more. Ukraine feels like it's still in the 1980s, London has history that dates back forever, Germany's small towns make me feel like I should have braids in my hair... you get the picture. Anyway, Prague feels even older than all of those places combined. Mainly because even after rebuilding after WWII, they preserved the old buildings and sites instead of tearing everything down and starting from scratch.

We wandered the Jewish neighborhood today and went into the Old-New Synagogue, which is actually more than 700 years old. SEVEN HUNDRED YEARS. The only thing that old in the states are trees and rocks. Seriously. It just blows my mind.

I can't wait to share more pictures. But until then, I hope this one of the guy with the marionettes will make you smile!

1 comment:

Christen said...

Such a great picture! This makes me miss Prague so much!

I'm a Greenville, SC based wedding and portrait destination photographer who loves to be behind the lens. I look forward to hearing what you think about the posts and images as I work with amazing people to capture life and give them images they love.
Check out the website! http://photographsbysabrina.com