20 August 2010

Childhood Friends and Children

It was 1988 and as I walked into Mrs. Multsby's 3rd grade classroom I was slightly apprehensive.  I was the new kid at a new school and I didn't know what to think.  We had just moved from Georgia where we'd been for a handful of years and I had just left my friends from church and school and was missing them like crazy.  But there was this girl sitting on the other side of the room and I knew she lived a street away from me.  And whether the teacher put us there or we put ourselves there, I remember we sat next to each other on the far side of the room.

We became friends and hung out a lot - especially since we lived so close and could ride our bikes to each others' houses (using the "cut through" between the Heider's house and the scary lady's house).  We went to church together, we started orchestra together in 4th grade, we started junior high school together, we started driving a year apart (because she's almost a full year younger than me even though we were in the same grade!), we went to Europe for the first time together... and then she moved away as we entered our junior year of high school.

That was such a big transition year for me, so Carmen moving away almost helped signify that time in my life.  And here we are, in 2010 when Facebook is the world's third largest country (no lie).  It took her a while to create an account but I'm so glad she did!  Go figure it takes the world's third largest country to help reunite us. :)  While I did go see her once towards the end of high school, it had been quite a while since we'd seen each other.  And when she knocked on my door last weekend and gave me a hug, she reminded me that it had been 15 years since we'd seen each other.  ca-RA-zy. 

And here she was, in my driveway with her two adorable little girls that I was so excited to meet!  We hopped back in the car, drove to the store to get some fun props and began our session... right there outside the store!  Love it.  And you'll see why below.

Carmen, it was SO good to see you and to meet Summer and Ivy.  I'm glad you still have family close by so that you'll "have" to come back soon :)

Just a warning... I had a hard time narrowing down my favorites so there are a lot.  Enjoy!


Summer is a natural at this posing thing!

Any time Ivy was on the ground, she was OFF! The girl had places to be and things to see!

This next one is my favorite from the day...

Not gonna lie... I love this one too.

Annnd... this one.

And I'll end with this one of sweet Ivy!

No comments:

I'm a Greenville, SC based wedding and portrait destination photographer who loves to be behind the lens. I look forward to hearing what you think about the posts and images as I work with amazing people to capture life and give them images they love.
Check out the website! http://photographsbysabrina.com