18 July 2011

Wedding Planning and a Sneak Peak

Wow!  We've been engaged for 17 days already.  And our wedding is in 109 days!  I'm only s-l-i-g-h-t-l-y excited.  I have my dress, my mom has her dress, we have the bridesmaids dresses picked out, we have the groom and groomal party's attire picked out, we're working on the catering menu with my brother, we're working on figuring out the reception site, and most importantly, we have the photographers :-)  Just kidding.  Sort of.

Seriously though, as we were calling people and giving them the news, my photographers were some of the first people I called.  I needed to make sure they were available before we got too deep into this wedding planning!  The last thing I wanted was to have my heart set on a date and then find out that they weren't available.  So, as I mentioned on Facebook last week, our photographers are going to be none other than the wonderful duo of Kim DeLoach and Jana Candler.  Both of these ladies are not just friends of mine, but they're AMAZING fellow photographers, they love the Lord, and I've worked with both of them before.  And have loved it.  When it came down to choosing the photographers, I knew that having people there that I loved and trusted to capture the day were some of the most important criteria.  Plus, they're just really fun!

I'm so excited to marry this man that I've fallen head over heels in love with and I'm still in a "happy shock" that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.  And I think it will help this business too!  I've spent the past year attending several workshops and learning more about the business side of things, but Ben is much more business minded than I am, so as you begin to see changes (minor ones that will hopefully make a big impact!), you'll know that his hand has already been a part of it!

Anyway, there are still 109 days to keep you up to speed on the planning and what we're up to.  In the meantime, however, I have pictures to blog!  Before I went on vacation, I helped Kim DeLoach shoot a portrait session for our couple from December.  Kim already has her post up, but I'll have mine up later this week!  Can't WAIT to show you more!

No comments:

I'm a Greenville, SC based wedding and portrait destination photographer who loves to be behind the lens. I look forward to hearing what you think about the posts and images as I work with amazing people to capture life and give them images they love.
Check out the website! http://photographsbysabrina.com