29 March 2011

Proposal | Rick and Tonia

So, last week on Facebook, I posted a status that said I was off on a top secret mission.  And now that they've told family and friends and the word has gotten out... I can share it too!
Rick contacted me about a week before this was to go down to see if I was available to help him out and said this was on the DL!  Let's see... I get to be on the inside of something really cool, I get to keep a secret (which I'm really good at by the way), AND I get to take pictures of the whole thing?  YES!  I'M IN!


Rick was taking Tonia out to dinner and then told her he was going to have to stop by the church to pick something up from one of the guys who was at band practice.  So, when they arrived, I was tucked behind a curtain on stage waiting for my cue.  Rick brought her in, introduced her to the two guys who were still hanging around and "goofing off".  So, Rick took the opportunity to "goof off" with them and started singing some songs from the 70s while one of the guys played the keyboard and the other one went upstairs to man the lights.


After a song or two, Rick started singing a different song... the lights dimmed... and we were rolling.


Baby i've been searching like everybody else
Can't say nothing different about myself
Sometimes i'm an angel
And sometimes i'm cruelAnd when it comes to love
I'm just another fool
Yes, i'll climb a mountain
I'm gonna swim the sea
There ain't no act of god girl
Could keep you safe from me
My arms are reaching out
Out across this canyon
I'm asking you to be my true companion
True companion
True companion

Luckily I had a job to do because I may have gotten emotional (what can I say... I can be quite the sappy one).  But, Tonia held it together...


Tonia... you are beautiful!  


Once Rick finished singing he walked down to her, got on his knees and asked Tonia to be his companion for the rest of their lives.

She said YES!

Tonia, I've only met you briefly (twice now), but I'm looking forward to getting to know you more!!


Seriously... are they not adorable??

Congrats again, you two!!!

No comments:

I'm a Greenville, SC based wedding and portrait destination photographer who loves to be behind the lens. I look forward to hearing what you think about the posts and images as I work with amazing people to capture life and give them images they love.
Check out the website! http://photographsbysabrina.com