08 January 2011

Married! Morgan and Trey

Morgan and Trey met just a few weeks before she moved to Clemson to start college.  But I think from the first moment of seeing each other (after they did their respective investigative work via Facebook), they knew there was something special.  And there's a lot to love about the both of them!  Morgan is no-nonsense and as real and genuine as they come.  Trey has a huge heart and just adores people, especially Morgan.  Morgan and Trey, I'm so grateful that I can call you both family!  Thank you for letting me be a part of your lives and for allowing me to capture the beginning of your life together.

I vaguely remember going to Morgan's dad's wedding when I was younger.  He and his three brothers all graduated from the Citadel and Grey and Cheryl decided to get married there at the Summerall Chapel.  And now, their daughter was getting married to a Citadel graduate at the very same chapel.  It was an overcast day, but that didn't put a damper on the elegance and beauty of the campus or on the excitement of Morgan and Trey's wedding day.




Gorgeous flowers with her gorgeous dress.



Both of you are so beautiful. Inside and out.





Inside the Summerall Chapel.

Trey giving the guys the run-down prior to the ceremony.



These may be some of my favorite wedding pictures I've ever captured...



Many thanks to Hunter Cassell for capturing Trey getting his first glimpse of his bride!


I love being able to capture two people in love.


Married!!


Trey is finally "officially" part of the family.

There's a tradition at the Citadel Chapel after the ceremony... everyone gathers outside and two rows of cadets line the steps. 
The bride and groom walk through them to come and greet everyone...

But before they pass, the last cadet(s) lower their sabers and the couple have to kiss before they're allowed to pass. 
I just love traditions like this!


Morgan and her beautiful bridesmaids.

Trey and his crazy handsome groomsmen.

The best/worst part of being a wedding photographer is wedding cake.  Especially when it's delicious red velvet.


The reception was at the beautiful Charleston Yacht Club and it couldn't have been more perfect.

Watching their first dance was one of the sweetest moments...


Plus, they had a few moves!

Watch out Gene Kelly!

Oh and the father/daughter dance gets me. Every. Time.  I love it.



It was hard not to miss the love between mother and son as Trey danced with his mom.


I'll end with a few pictures of the rest of the party!


This was, by far, one of the best dancing pictures ever.  How could you not have fun when such amazing people just got married?? :-)

I know there are a lot of pictures in this post (I just couldn't narrow it down any more), but there are even more in Morgan & Trey's slide show!

No comments:

I'm a Greenville, SC based wedding and portrait destination photographer who loves to be behind the lens. I look forward to hearing what you think about the posts and images as I work with amazing people to capture life and give them images they love.
Check out the website! http://photographsbysabrina.com